worcester bosch 240 please help im cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi any help please a.s.a.p the problem is my radiator in my bathroom only heated up half way the other half stone cold so i tryed to bleed it i started down stairs waited til water come out then shut of the nut did them all when i got to the bathroom no water came just air for ages and ages still no water so i just shut of the nut now the radiator making babbling noise boiler humming and making funny noise and pilot lights gone out now it lights now and again for afew mins then off again thanx,,marley

Sponsored Links
top it up with the filling loop as the pressure gauge will be at zero it needs to be at 1 to 1.5 bar when cold

if it overheats take off the front cover and press the red button

Sponsored Links
hellomum said:
hi thanx for everyones replys yes the red reset button keeps poppin it self out so i keep putting it back in the boiler has stopped making the humming noise but making a noise as if theres air inside the boiler i don't if there can be as for the radiator it has two bleeding nuts i only did the back 1 has the other one seems to of been snapped so i couldn't do that as i carnt get the remaining piece out another thing i've noticed is when i just have the boiler on water instead of heating and water it stays lit but when i put it on heating thats when things start messing about going out i haven't de pressured it and i've turned the little red needle on the bar to 1.5 it seems as if air is getting in from somewhere im gonna get it depressured and se if it helps and thank you all for your replys its good too know at times of need theres people out there to offer advice thanx nesta

nesta said:
hellomum said:
hi thanx for everyones replys yes the red reset button keeps poppin it self out so i keep putting it back in the boiler has stopped making the humming noise but making a noise as if theres air inside the boiler i don't if there can be as for the radiator it has two bleeding nuts i only did the back 1 has the other one seems to of been snapped so i couldn't do that as i carnt get the remaining piece out another thing i've noticed is when i just have the boiler on water instead of heating and water it stays lit but when i put it on heating thats when things start messing about going out i haven't de pressured it and i've turned the little red needle on the bar to 1.5 it seems as if air is getting in from somewhere im gonna get it depressured and se if it helps and thank you all for your replys its good too know at times of need theres people out there to offer advice thanx nesta
re pressured sorry not depressured bye

The little red needle you can move with your fingers does nothing it's just a marker!
Use the filling loop to move the black needle!
Stuff about filling is in the FAQ section here

ChrisR said:
The little red needle you can move with your fingers does nothing it's just a marker!
Use the filling loop to move the black needle!
Stuff about filling is in the FAQ section here
ill check it out chris thanx for your reply i realy Appreciate it cheers pal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back