worcester bosch 240

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anyone out there who can help me.

I have had two plumbers in to look at my boiler but they can seem to find out what's wrong with it. Its a worcester bosch combi unit.
If i want hot water I have to turn off all my radiators, if the radiators are on i get about 2 inches of hot water then it runs cold.
Please help :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the diverter valve, with your heating turned off and cold run your hot tap and see if the pipes to the radiators start to warm up with the hot tap running for a few minutes.

Yes and if what Ollski says happens don't get either of those two guys back they should have found that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everybody for getting back to me.

ollski if your there, I did what you said, "heating turned off and cold run your hot tap and see if the pipes to the radiators start to warm up with the hot tap running for a few minutes". nothing. The boiler didnt kick in to give me the hot water, I ran hot tap for 10mins still only cold water. Pipes remained cold. Does this sound like the diverter valve?

Sounds as if the diagphram in the diverter valve is not reaching the micro switch that tells the boiler you have turned the tap on, diagphram kit available and easy to change on the 240.

Sure ,got a couple in the van will get part number.

The diagphram kit Worcester part nuber is 87161405530 its about £12.00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back