WORCESTER BOSCH 240 RSF No Hot Water

why would i drain down the heating by the boiler,to get the pressure down,wy else

But you are only changing the diaphragm, why leave yourself with probable prv and isolation valves to replace aswell for no reason?

Sponsored Links
paul i can change a diaprgghm in 1/2 hour all told,if you want me to talk u through it i will

In that case why not go and do it for him and at local prices of £70 per hour you can charge him £35 !

Why have you not registered for the Combustion Chamber on here if you really are CORGI registered as you tell us?

Tony

paul i can change a diaprgghm in 1/2 hour all told,if you want me to talk u through it i will

In that case why not go and do it for him and at local prices of £70 per hour you can charge him £35 !

Why have you not registered for the Combustion Chamber on here if you really are CORGI registered as you tell us?

Tony

registered for combustion chamber? whats that then?

Alan M Star man!!!!

Just need to get the part. Anywhere in Liverpool I can get one? My email address is [email protected], mail me your number and where I can get the part and I'll get some beers to you!!!

Saved my life.

PaulMc

Sponsored Links
paul,i advise you to go to curzons in aintree only a few quid or if you want meet me and i will give you the par for free

I'll meet you if that's ok. I'll pay for the part. Email me a meeting place close to the Wallasey tunnel. If you could install it would help me out. I could bring you over and take you back??

Leave the choice with you Alan, oh, checked your number, checks ok with me.

Paulmc

paul,i advise you to go to curzons in aintree only a few quid or if you want meet me and i will give you the par for free

He must be employed and giving the DIYer his employer's property!

Probably belongs to Westminster Heating centre!!!

Tony

Paul you can get the gianoni diaphragm repair kit from hrpc as I said before make sure you get the washers and the o ring for the extending connector or it will leak. Turn off your stoptap, open all the hot taps and leave them open. Undo the higher nut on the right hand side of the diaphragm housing facing you and prepare to catch an eggcup of mater max. Undo the big nut at the other end of the connector, take it out pull it apart and replace the o ring in the middle with a touch of silicon grease on replacement. Undo the 8 screws on the diaphragm housing facing you, drop of water , change the diaphragm, tighten up. replace washers on sliding connector, shut taps, turns stoptap on, open taps, cough, splutter, 240 diaphragm done!

Just out of interest Tony why would you not change the o ring in the sliding joint when you had drained the boiler and had easy access to it instead of refilling it and then seeing if it leaked to strip it down again and charge 15.00 for what is almost certain to be required in the first place?

Because the problem is usually not so much the "O" ring as lime scale deposits on the brass.

If I clean it all with wire wool and reassemble with silicone grease then it usually will seal OK.

Other problem is I dont know the size ring needed or seem to find them sold for the job.

I used to carry the whole part but have not done so for a while as we dont seem to be called to so many recently.

Tony

I now have the Diaphramn part. :LOL:

If there are any local engineers to Wallasey then please contact me on my email address if you can come out.

Many Thanks

PaulMc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back