worcester bosch 240 wont switch off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, problem with my boiler! I have posted about it in the past but the thread dried up without a solution.

No matter what setting the control unit is set to (off, auto or on), the radiators are staying on 24hrs a day. Any ideas? i thought it might be a motorised valve, but cant see any that look similar to any ive seen before.

im really starting to worry about my fuel bills now!!

Peterb

Sponsored Links
Perhaps its fitted in a cold garage and under of frost protection?

Tony

thanks for the quick reply!!

I dont think it is on frost protect, because it started probably 4 weeks ago and i think that was before the bad weather began.

Is there any way to rule out frost protect though? is the frost protect sensor on the boiler? (my point being if i heat the room with the boiler in it could this test whether its the frost protect)

Heat the room with the boiler and see what happens!

Tony

Sponsored Links
ok cheers - ill go set up the gas heater in there now and report back in a little while.

agile your a hero - all sorted, must of been the anti-frost thing.

Havent got a clue why british gas installed the boiler in an unheated outhouse - it just doesnt seem to make sense to me! They didnt even lag the pipes!

Will probably install a little rad in the outhouse and leave it on permanently over the winter and just call it an unavoidable cost.

thanks again!

agile your a hero - all sorted, must of been the anti-frost thing.

Havent got a clue why british gas installed the boiler in an unheated outhouse - it just doesnt seem to make sense to me! They didnt even lag the pipes!

thanks again!

You should lag the pipes as otherwise heat willl be wasted!

The installers should have discussed the siting with you before installation.

A small rad under the boiler with a TRV set low should do the trick!

Tony

Unfortunately it was the lady who owned the house before us that british gas would of discussed positioning with! And lagging the pipes was one of the first things i did when we moved in, as i definitely didn't want burst pipes during a winter move in! I will be fitting the radiator as soon as practical :) thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back