Worcester Bosch 28i Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this boiler particularly good. I have a friend who renovates properties and swears by the fact I should get one of these. How much would it cost roughly - either as a stand alone unit or a rough guide with fitting compared with other models.

Basically the house has no central heating whatsoever currently and so the whole system will be done from scratch. Looking to get about 10-11 radiators from it in a 4 bed, 2 bathroom, dining, kitchen and lounge.

Would it be a worthwhile investment or could someone recommend something else?!

Thanks for any help. Sorry if it is a bit vague.

Sponsored Links
I'd say they're particularly average, full of plastic with a rubber gas pipe, and a bit of a pain to work on

Get an Intergas

Any Intergas in particular?! Ive never actually heard of an Intergas. Thanks for your feedback anyway.

Which one depends on the heating requirements of the house, but from the information you've given I'd go for a HRE 18 SB, which comes with a seven year warranty when installed by an Intergas Platinum 5 Installer

A Worcester 28i would be totally unsuitable for your property

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Worcester are brilliant."................at marketing.
Boilers are crap tho. IMO.

So, what would you go for Jeff in a four up, four down sized house. 11 Radiators. Hot water. Combi boiler. All fitted from scratch. Thanks for ur reply bud.

Just hope my plumber/heating engineer is familiar with fitting Intergas. Am I right in thinking they would have to be Intergas trained to take advantage of the 7 year warranty!?

You want a combi with two bathrooms? Sounds like a hint of madness to me...you'd be better off with a standard boiler and a hot water cylinder, unless you think you won't use both bathrooms at the same time

He probably does not realise that a combi will only supply one outlet properly at a time!

I would always recommend a storage cylinder for anyone with two bathrooms.

Tony

Hmmmmm, the second bathroom will be a downstairs toilet, sink and shower as a small wet room for very occasional use.

Well ultimately it's up to you, you know your usage requirements, but a 28kW combi will only give you 10-12 litres a minute of usefully hot water (depending on the temperature of your incoming main) regardless of the make. Split that between two showers, or even a shower and a kitchen sink, and you soon find that it's not very much. You can, of course, go for a more powerful boiler which will give you a greater hot water flow rate, but you'll be sacrificing heating efficiency. If I was you, I'd be investigating the possibility of having an unvented hot water cylinder and a system boiler

You can, of course, go for a more powerful boiler which will give you a greater hot water flow rate, but you'll be sacrificing heating efficiency

How so?

The vast majority of combis only supply heating at 24kw maximum. So even if it does hot water at say 38kw. 24kw is the max for heating. And on a lot of combis you can range rate the heating to whatever output is required. Not sure about the intergas. But I install vaillant. I always range rate the heating to what is required.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back