1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i System - condensate trap

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by chuckstardeluxe, 15 Feb 2021.

1. chuckstardeluxe

chuckstardeluxe

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Evening all,

Condensate trap on the boiler is full of crap (as per photo) and we are getting EA messages related to the condensate exiting - probably due to freezing but this could also be causing an issue.

Manual is fairly unclear on whether boiler will refill the trap automatically as part of a program, or I need to manually fill the trap before turning back on.

We are self isolating - hence can't get a plumber over.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It does have a trap filling program, which will kick in if you turn the boiler off for a few minutes then turn it back on again. Be careful emptying that, there's quite a bit of water there and if you get it wrong it can get into the PCB. EA is most likely a frozen condensate, there's not so much dirt in that trap that it would completely block the flow

4. chuckstardeluxe

chuckstardeluxe

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you - I’ve disconnected the rubber gator which fits over the pipe and diverted that into a bucket for the condensate whilst we have this freezing weather which seems to have sorted things.

I’ll leave the draining of the trap to a professional at the next opportunity!