worcester bosch or Alpha combi (or another?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We are about ready to get and fit a boiler in our house, and our plumber mentioned the Alpha CD35C with premier pack (jig) giving us a 5 year warranty. We also have seen the worcester bosch 30CDI, and as he is leaving it upto us which boiler we get (and he will fit what ever we want) i'd apreciate opinions on a suitable boiler.

We have a 3 bed semi, with Kitchen, Bathroom (no bath, just a mixer shower to be fed from the boiler) and 9 Rads plus a towel rail.

Is there anything else i should be looking at? and thoughts on the above?

Many thanks

Rich

Sponsored Links
You'll certainly need the 5 year warranty with the Alpha. My cousin had a new one fitted 18 months ago and it has failed 9 times now under warranty. Each time with a 3-4 day wait for the agents to get the parts :eek: :mad:

(She wouldn't pay my prices for a decent boiler :rolleyes: )

You'll certainly need the 5 year warranty with the Alpha. My cousin had a new one fitted 18 months ago and it has failed 9 times now under warranty. Each time with a 3-4 day wait for the agents to get the parts :eek: :mad:

(She wouldn't pay my prices for a decent boiler :rolleyes: )

wot would you reccomend then??

Sponsored Links
Atag, Vaillant, Broag, in that order for quality and reliability.

I fit all three ;)

i would not **** on alpha as a company. i fitted a cd35c for my neighbor. it developed a leak. it took them 3 months...3 f-ucking months for them to send out a engineer. by the time they got someone out the leak had buggered every part up you could think off.

from then on i only fit boilers where i am the service agent for. never again will i have to rely on some **** hole to get their ass in gear.

add to the fact that every single alpha that we fitted has broken down under warranty...

thanks for the updates...

whats the recommendations then? I can get a Veissmen (spelling) for a price which is better than a WB 30CDi.

Should i look at something like that, or the WB?

I personally hate Worcester; there are extremely overrated in my opinion. More important than the boiler is the quality of installation.

I would not fit WB either. They only sell a lot because of all the freebies they give away.

I would re-iterate my previous suggestions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back