Worcester Bosch warranty issues!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had issues with our hot Water and called out a local plumbing company who suggested the heat exchanger needed changing. Very honestly on their part they suggested the boiler is still under warranty and can be fixed free of charge.
THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEMS STARTED!!!!
Worcester sent out an engineer who informed us our heating system needed a powerflush before they can do anything under the warranty. I called my local plumbing company again and they sent another engineer out (a former Worcester Bosch employee) who again informed is this was not needed. Our plumbing is under 2 years old and a powerflush is usually performed on systems 10 years of age and above.
I then called Worcester Bosch to explain and they rather rudely informed me that all warranty work on my boiler is now suspended until a powerflush is performed, despite 2 engineers saying otherwise. I then asked if they would send the replacement parts and i would pay myself to have them fitted. This they told me was not possible.

Very disappointing service and product quality. Yet another example of a company doing their utmost to get out of any warranty they offer. DO NOT BUY A WORCESTER BOSCH PRODUCT!!!!

Sponsored Links
Surprised to hear this about Worcester Bosch as they probably have the best repair/service, try getting in touch with the manager of the service department

Is all this based on x ray vision or has anyone actually tested the water condition?

Get a test kit done. If it comes back clean WB will honour the warranty

Presume they have established its the primary side of the PHE?, you can check the DHW flowrate yourself.

Sponsored Links
Is all this based on x ray vision or has anyone actually tested the water condition?

Get a test kit done. If it comes back clean WB will honour the warranty
Very interesting avatar... er... I think!

Our plumbing is under 2 years old and a powerflush is usually performed on systems 10 years of age and above.
Not actually true - age has nothing to do with it. It's the water quality that determines whether it's needed or not, and a system can easily get fouled up in two years if not correctly treated at the time of installation and subsequently.

To settle the issue, get a proper system check done https://www.corgi-direct.com/adey-water-test-kit-18152-3424435

If its a sealed system and has needed frequent top ups then the oxygen in the make up water will very quickly cause corrosion leading to sludge, auto top up (if installed) can mask this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back