worcester bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:evil: we have a Worcester Bosch boiler, 2 years old. It comes on for a few minutes and then the red warning light flashes, not sure what this light means. Got a plumber round who replaced the gas valve, and serviced the boiler, but the red light was still flashing.He seemed puzzled, so he referred to the manual, and seemed to make it Ok, but now it is happening again. Bolier works for a few mins then red light comes on. Plumber is coming again on Saturday, but this is getting expensive. Any ideas re the problem would be appreciated, so I am a little more savvy when he comes again.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
it does indeed flash about 4 times per second. have read the manual but can find nothing helpful, except it says it has a serious fault and we should can a gasman, which is where I came in!! :(

thank you. I have clicked on the link you gave, but I can't find installation instructions, nor a page 35. Can you be a little more specific please? :( I know it's probably me being dense. Sorry.

If its flashing 4 times a second it can be loads of faults so it needs someone who knows what they are doing.

lesliejack said:
thank you. I have clicked on the link you gave, but I can't find installation instructions, nor a page 35. Can you be a little more specific please? :( I know it's probably me being dense. Sorry.

Blinkin flip !! It was there when I made the post honest :rolleyes: Fortunately I saved a copy of it . I will edit this post or make another later> I have to go out now. Meanwhile can you make sure that your email addy is in your profile.

Watch this space

Tried all sorts of links - don't work from here.

But if you click Installer , literature, gas boilers, and the boiler model it gives you the option of downloading the Installation and Servicing instructions

http://worcester-bosch.co.uk/

You will then see, in full noncolour, that flashing 4 times a second can mean
just about bloody anything!

Thanks 4 getting to the bottom of the missing instructions Chris

You were right BTW Sections E and F are also relevant and it could be anything

Generally speaking checking out sensors is a good place to start and seeing as it seemed to have happened since the gas valve was changed then that might be the next place to look.

Remember that we can't always diagnose faults on here because we can't see the boiler but we do try to point you in the right direction.

I concur that you do need someone who knows what they are doing rather than someone who seems puzzled

I AM puzzled, and as I said I just wanted to seem a bit more savvy when the plumber comes on Saturday. He installed the bloomin' thing, but he seems as puzzled as I am :confused: If it was something simple I might attept myself, but as you say it looks as if it could be ANYTHING!! Will have to wait until Saturday, but this is getting expensive. Thanks anyway for your help everybody.

:confused: the plumber has been, he now says the boiler needs a new board. He has no idea how much this will cost, does anyone else? Will I need a new mortgage?? In the meantime its getting a bit nippy here in the evenings!

I wouldn't trust your plumber since he's changed a gas valve even though it didn't have a fault. Gas valves are one of the most reliable parts of a boiler and are very easy to test. If you are sure all the other sensors have been thoroughly checked then go ahead and replace the board. Cost around £100.00. You should not be charged for parts that did not have a fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back