Worcester CD24i Hot water for 3 mins then cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

When I turn on a hot tap the red demand light comes on on the boiler but after about 3 minutes the light goes off and the water runs cold. It continues to run. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Does it then need resteing ? if you turn the tap off then back on again does it relight? does the heating work ok ?

Hi there thanks for the reply

yes it does relight when i turn the tap on again

Sponsored Links
is the flow normal out of the hot taps ? what does the pressure gauge read?

I had to recharge yesterday using the white plastic key i think some of the rads were losing a small amount of water

Depends how old the boiler is , some have a divertor valve and the diaghpram goes on the newer ones they have a flow switch which activates the boiler souds like one of these is playing up. if the heating is ok and it doesnt need reseting it will be one of these depending on the age of it.

Hi

Yes, runs hot then demand light goes out and it cools. Turn the tap back on boiler fires, light's on then hot for 3 mins then cold

if it was the heat exchanger the demand light wouldnt go out !!! flow swich or diaphragm depending on which it has is my bet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back