Worcester Combi Boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 12year old Worcester 9.24 RSF. combi boiler i can only get hot water when the heating is on and the thermostat turned up to 20 degrees any advice/solution welcome

Sponsored Links
yep I agree it's more than likely the diaphragm in the diverter valve,sometimes its a lot easier to replace the whole diverter valve as the 9.24 is getting on now and those lovely little screws are a swine,so get the diverter valve replaced.

Sponsored Links
andywolfie said:
yep I agree it's more than likely the diaphragm in the diverter valve,sometimes its a lot easier to replace the whole diverter valve as the 9.24 is getting on now and those lovely little screws are a swine,so get the diverter valve replaced.

Cant see how the diaphragm would cause the problem....can see how the diverter valve would though.

WHy not oily? Standard Giannoni thing, gives CH if diaphragm not moved by water flow. innit?????????

ollski I am worried about you if you can't see why the diaphragm is the problem??its 99% certain its the diaphragm,its the diaphragm that lifts the spindle to make contact with the microswitch when the diaphragm is pushed up with water flow,if it's torn it cant lift can it,and trust me i know what I am talking about,unlike yourself. :LOL:

andywolfie said:
ollski I am worried about you if you can't see why the diaphragm is the problem??its 99% certain its the diaphragm,its the diaphragm that lifts the spindle to make contact with the microswitch when the diaphragm is pushed up with water flow,if it's torn it cant lift can it,and trust me i know what I am talking about,unlike yourself. :LOL:

Yes but he gets hot water. Not arguing with I just personally cant see it at the moment....mind you I did spen 90 minutes checking everything on a worcester the other day before I realised I hadn't reset it!. With those symptoms I just replace the whole valve in automatic mode.

That's consistent - if the CH is on, then the primary water is hot. If the diaphragm is movin g a BIT (but not enough to hit the microswitch) then some of the primary water is diverted to the secondary heat exchanger to heat the tap water. But you knew that oily - having a "Senior" moment perhaps ;)

Pretty old boiler so if the DV looked original I'd change it.

ah yes I think we all have those moments,going in too deep at the start!I would change the whole valve too,not too bad a job to do,a whole lot better than a plate heat exchanger on a highflow 400!!.

locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back