Worcester danesmoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been to a danesmoor 15/19, the motor runs but I couldn't hear the fan, it then goes to lockout. I thought the fan was bolted to the end of the motor. Does replacing the fan sound like a good idea?

Also does anyone know where I can get spares from?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No doubt you wont like the answer but what the hell.

If you were qualified to work on gas or oil boilers you would know where to source your spares. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's more than just a fan going to cause lockout.
Try an OFTEC registered engineer ;)

I am OFTEC registered. I'm obviously newly qualified as a technician....we all start somewhere.

Cheers for jumping on my back!

Hmmm.... so where do I source spares? I'm aware there's more to an ignition sequence than a fan. The solenoid is ok, photocell is ok too.

Sponsored Links
sorry. but how can you fix a burner when you cant find the fan?

You may be Oftec registered, but as to the "Technician" bit I think that you taketh the P$$$.

Have you removed the motor to check that the impellor (fan) has not been stolen by Gremlins?

im OFTEC. reg also, i understand the one week coarse doesnt give you much insight to fault finding .but what the hell did they teach you.or is it one hour these days fast track.

im OFTEC. reg also, i understand the one week coarse doesnt give you much insight to fault finding .but what the hell did they teach you.or is it one hour these days fast track.

To change the nozzle and flexible oil lines at every service,maybe :LOL:

sayin that the oil were gettin down here at the moment is shocking, looks like 6 month service at this rate.i know about the change for nox but have you all noticed the difference reacently.

I've been to Mary Poppins and Next, but they just gave me a strange look :eek:

I've found some good mail order sites for spares, and of course my merchant.

I might just put a new burner on though ;) I'll make more money that way ;)

why not try reading the burner manual, understanding the principle of operation, and repair it like a grown up would. :LOL:

Thanks Stone, I was browsing the worcester site last night.

I'm going back to the job to take a more thorough look, and hopefully I can find the fault.

Cheers for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back