Worcester Greenstar 15ri Pressure

yes thats it doesnt matter how it is fitted , can you hear or feel it turning when the heating and HW are switched on ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Your boiler doesn't have a pilot light, the green light tells you it is lit.
Is the blue light flashing on the front of the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps try the manual overide on the zone valve in picture 8 whilst the timer/stat is in a call for heat mode.

Have someone watch the boiler whn you push the lever. it may fire, indicating that the sycronous motor in the valve is buggered.
Common fault in my zoned heating (Myson valves are pants for this) and an easy, cheap fix.

Worth a try?

Perhaps try the manual overide on the zone valve in picture 8 whilst the timer/stat is in a call for heat mode.

Have someone watch the boiler whn you push the lever. it may fire, indicating that the sycronous motor in the valve is buggered.
Common fault in my zoned heating (Myson valves are pants for this) and an easy, cheap fix.

Worth a try?

So the boiler sprang back into life last night after many more "ALT. CTRL. DELETE" and we've had heat and hot water all day.

Just home now and the boiler is off again, but schedule is asking for heat, we've tried to boost manually, but nothing.

In the airing cupboard there's lots of rumblings and all lights are on as expected (green light on heat and hw on the Hive box).

I've done as you suggested a few times with the zone valve, but no action from the boiler

Scrap that, the boiler just came back to life.
I have the zone valve in "Man Open" rather than "Auto"

Can I safely leave it there, or am I now a human thermostat control?

Aerjec may be blocked ,water starvation ?

Sorry, didn't spot this message.

We topped up the small tank in the loft last night, unsure if this is what got the boiler going again, but it'a gone again this evening (see comment just now). Unsure if this could still be the problem?

Your earlier posts indicated the boiler did try to fire up ,but not for long ??

Sorry, also missed this comment!

It was intermittent for a while, then totally dead yesterday.
We kept tinkering with bits and it fired up about 9pm yesterday and has been working well all day today.
Now, about 5pm, it was out again and I've got it going by adjusting the zone valve as above

Sorry, didn't spot this message.

We topped up the small tank in the loft last night, unsure if this is what got the boiler going again, but it'a gone again this evening (see comment just now). Unsure if this could still be the problem?

The head tank has emptied?

Plumber time.

switching it to maual wont damage anything, but as soon as ther is a change in demand from you programmer/thermostats, if the motor is working , it will return to auto

The head tank has emptied?

Plumber time.

It wasn't empty, but it seemed to need some more water. It was tricky to see in the loft - it's not in an easy-reach place.

We have BG coming out on Thursday, fingers crossed they can sort it

switching it to maual wont damage anything, but as soon as ther is a change in demand from you programmer/thermostats, if the motor is working , it will return to auto

Awesome, thank you. Will check it periodically to see what it's up to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back