Worcester Greenstar 24i junior

Only have wiring diagram in front of me..2 connections..one to overheat stat..one to flue overheat stat & then down to pcb..

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Only have wiring diagram in front of me..2 connections..one to overheat stat..one to flue overheat stat & then down to pcb..
yeah your right ive just found the wiring diagram. in that case if the APS is working correctly then check your oH stat and Fan OH stat for continuity as may well be one of these.

But I don`t know if the APS is working correctly...I cannot go further until I check this..that was the whole point of my post.

Sponsored Links
See my last post.

If it's 230V then you don't need to use a multimeter (if you're not familiar with them). Just use a mains testing screwdriver to detect live on any accessible terminal on the switched live (NO) outlet from the APS.

I've been telling you but you're not following through. You want me to come to the US to do it for you? Only if you're in Miami. :LOL:

The APS connection to the pcb is via a bayonet type plastic connection to the board..I do not understand where I can connect the multimeter...I wish I was in Miami..U.K.sucks...(weather wise).. :D :D I`m in the Emerald Isle....that will be Ireland to you.. ;) (Hols)..Banging on a neon screwdriver will not prove the APS will it?......or am I wrong for a change....

You need to get a contact onto the connector where the two green wires go in. There will be a voltage across them (probably 24vdc) when the switch is open (fan off) which will go to zero when the switch closes and shorts it out.
You need a variety of probe tips to do this sort of thing. If you look at the shell for the connector, you might see small hole for each wire, in the side. Otherwise you have to connect a thin piece of wire to your probe and poke it down where the wire goes in and hope you can make a contact. If you can get access to the other (solder) side of the board you can probe the relevant pin there.

An alternative is to just connect the two wires at the aps before you turn the boiler on. I don't know what this particular boiler would do but often they "object" knowing that the switch shouldn't be closed , and go to lockout straight away, but sometimes they don't do a check at all and the boiler works.
I carry an adjustable aps, which makes it easy..

Bridge out the APS,is that what you mean..I know you can do that with thermistors, do you mean that?..If you suspect the APS surely there must be a straightforward way of confirming your suspicions without going through all that you have described..What is an adjustable APS?...thanks to all for persevering so far...Still don`t know how Chrishutt checks with multimeter..

Bamber gaspipe said:
...Still don`t know how Chrishutt checks with multimeter..
ChrisR was just trying to explain that to you, after I'd given up. Look, to be frank, I get the feeling that this electrics lark is not your thing. Perhaps you'd best get an electrician or boiler engineer in. ;)

Just trying to learn Chris, like everyone else..to be frank you haven`t yet told me where to place multimeter, & to be honest, I don`t think you know, no offence but I admit I am not an electrician (obviously) I have asked a simple question to which I would normally expect an honest answer.I have done my best & consulted MI`s, but they always tell you to change board eventually..I have passed your earlier questions regarding my competency & ChrisR has explained how to go about it & I appreciate & understand his advice. My thinking was that as an engineer, if you suspect the fault to be the APS surely you wouldn`t have to go to these lengths to prove it.Would you just change it & hope you are correct? I was looking for the shortcut as we all do.
Maybe the question/answer was beyond you, this would explain your last comment, no offence intended.
I will continue to seek advice on breakdowns though, wether you think it is `my thing` or not.
I would still be interested to hear what you have to say about my question regarding multimeter & where to use it though.

I have now removed multimeter from my rectal area..where on air pressure switch should I attach/test...(you can run but you cannot hide). ;)

I don't think you should be using the multimeter until you have a better understanding of circuit diagrams and boiler electrics. If you don't know what you're doing you could do a lot of damage, probably to the multimeter and possibly to the boiler and yourself. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending but that's my honest opinion based on what you've said so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back