Worcester Greenstar 24i junior

try and get a spark to show you. its much easier to watch and learn than to listen and learn.

Sponsored Links
quote="chrishutt"]I don't think you should be using the multimeter until you have a better understanding of circuit diagrams and boiler electrics. If you don't know what you're doing you could do a lot of damage, probably to the multimeter and possibly to the boiler and yourself. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending but that's my honest opinion based on what you've said so far.
[

Wasn`t it you that advised me to go poking around with a mains testing screwdriver?..highly dangerous advice...you have gone from being helpful to being insulting..all because I have asked you to expand on your advice.
I think it is you who needs to look at competency regarding electrics.

I don`t wish to get into a verbal with you, because I respect your knowledge & you as a good bloke.
Sometimes it`s better to admit that you just don`t know. ;)

Meaning YOU don`t know.....in case there is any confusion.

fitz1 said:
try and get a spark to show you. its much easier to watch and learn than to listen and learn.

You are a nice guy Fitz, unfortunately your advice seems to stretch to ``go to manufacturers & download instructions`` whenever you join in on a topic. I don`t need a spark to demonstrate how a boiler works..he wouldn`t have a clue anyway.

Sponsored Links
That`s o.k. Scatman.. I was due anyway...do you have any views on my original question or have you just dived in to deliver a fatal blow...You`re still p*ssed off because I tore you a new ass last time we clashed...you`ll get over it ;)

Don't no too much about these yet so won't try and guess the fault.

One thing that confuses me about this boiler is the use of an APS.

Anyone know why it has one. I don't think any of their other premix condensing boilers has one.

As i understood it it is the hall effect sensor in the fan that proves its running?

The flue sensor would detect a blockage in the flue.

They seem to have added the APS for no apparent reason.

There is probably a reason but i can't think why.

quote="scatmanjohn"]Don't no too much about these yet so won't try and guess the fault.

That makes three then ;)

One thing that confuses me about this boiler is the use of an APS.

Safety device.

Anyone know why it has one.

It`s a safety device.

They seem to have added the APS for no apparent reason.

There is a reason... it`s a safety device..

MIs if followed will generally give you an idea of whats wrong and explain process of testing and fault elimination.rather than spend in my case forever typing out what is already printed i advise you do a little research and so receive all accurate advise available for your appliance.except in the case of viessman.:cool:

quote="fitz1"]MIs if followed will generally give you an idea of whats wrong and explain process of testing and fault elimination.

Really..found out about an hour ago that it was the air pressure switch..manual stated blocked heat exchanger/replace pcb...

rather than spend in my case forever typing out what is already printed i advise you do a little research and so receive all accurate advise available for your appliance.except in the case of viessman.:cool:[/quote

I wouldn`t get too excited about what manufacturer`s print especially regarding fault finding..if it was a case of opening the book (like you do) & believing every word that is printed(like you do) you would probably exchange every part in your boiler within the first year..

That`s why I asked on here..there was no mention of APS in manual but I had an idea that this was the prob...came here to verify...(lot of good it done me) ..problem sorted...stop giving advice because you have read it in a book...Peter Pan`s not real you know....sorry to p*ss on your bonfire ;)

Dont come on here judging me. im not the one struggling. if i can help , i will . im not a maintenance engineer but i do o.k. if im unsure i explain to customers i am unsure, but generally muddle through due to customer wanting me to because of a good reputation and success rate.Thats why i dont need to advertise.and also why other engineers ask for my services.honest, reliable,neat, clean,not a rip off,and very good customer relations.

Bridge out the APS,is that what you mean..I know you can do that with thermistors, do you mean that?
I meant connect the two wires at the aps, which is what I wrote. Can't see how that can be clearer.

..If you suspect the APS surely there must be a straightforward way of confirming your suspicions without going through all that you have described..
"Going through all that I have described", with the meter, would have taken half a minute or so.

..What is an adjustable APS?..
It's an APS you can adjust. To test with....

...thanks to all for persevering so far...Still don`t know how Chrishutt checks with multimeter..
He checks much the same way any boiler fixer would, which has been explained twice in different ways. What is there to not understand?

You seem to be having trouble with basic stuff, and taking a pop at people trying to help you because you don't like, or can't understand, what they say. I suppose you'll have a go at me next?

fitz1 said:
Dont come on here judging me. im not the one struggling. if i can help , i will . im not a maintenance engineer but i do o.k. if im unsure i explain to customers i am unsure, but generally muddle through due to customer wanting me to because of a good reputation and success rate.Thats why i dont need to advertise.and also why other engineers ask for my services.honest, reliable,neat, clean,not a rip off,and very good customer relations.

Sorry Fitz, I am not judging you, as to struggling please explain? I`m sure you muddle through very well..I don`t know what you do exactly so how can I judge?

ChrisR said:
Bridge out the APS,is that what you mean..I know you can do that with thermistors, do you mean that?
I meant connect the two wires at the aps, which is what I wrote. Can't see how that can be clearer.

..If you suspect the APS surely there must be a straightforward way of confirming your suspicions without going through all that you have described..
"Going through all that I have described", with the meter, would have taken half a minute or so.

..What is an adjustable APS?..
It's an APS you can adjust. To test with....

...thanks to all for persevering so far...Still don`t know how Chrishutt checks with multimeter..
He checks much the same way any boiler fixer would, which has been explained twice in different ways. What is there to not understand?

You seem to be having trouble with basic stuff, and taking a pop at people trying to help you because you don't like, or can't understand, what they say. I suppose you'll have a go at me next?

Not at all..as for having trouble with basic stuff maybe I am..can`t recall anyone mentioning a multimeter so far..can you recap Chris on how you told me to check using a multimeter..I must have misunderstood..would appreciate your advice...the question was simple...How to test an air pressure switch...in a nutshell..WITH A MULTIMETER...that clear enough for you...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back