Worcester Greenstar 24i junior

ChrisR, the guy (Bamber) is his own worst enemy. When he can't understand something (which seems to be often) he reacts with anger, even towards someone genuinely trying to help him. It's so sad I can't really feel angry about his offensive comments, although his offensiveness towards your post seems so extreme - I think he might not have realised that you and I are not the same person, despite sharing a first name!

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Read the thread...I seem to being crucified purely for asking for advice...I DON`T KNOW HOW TO TEST AN AIR PRESSURE SWITCH USING A MULTIMETER, THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING.......can I be more honest or clear...I`m being told now by the other pair of comedians that I should not even be asking the question because it is obviously beyond me & I should leave it to an engineer :eek:
Pardon the hell out of me for having the audacity to ask..BTW it was the APS....job is sorted...as for you scatman...you were the one who jumped in with the insults...you were not even involved in this topic & now you are bleating because I have given you a bit of stick...get over it... ;)

PS( Ithought that it would be possible for myself to ask for assistance from fellow engineers..I can see now that this is not the case & so this will be my last post on this site..I wish all on here Good Luck & keep up the good work..)
Bamber, it's obvious from this topic that you're actually slightly nuts. Apart from the fact that you can't control your temper, this isn't the first time that you've threatened to leave the forum. Like anyone would care anyway!

I thought it was odd that you attacked me about the empty F&E, for which you later apologised, but to see you progress to personal attacks on chrishutt and ChrisR is bizarre - they are two of the most restrained and knowledgable members on the forum, and the fact that you can't interpret their abundantly clear and patiently presented information says everything about you.

You might well be an RGI, although I have my doubts, but something you certainly are not is competent enough to be fault-finding this particular gas boiler. In this respect, CORGI or not, you're breaking the law and endangering your customer.

Bamber gaspipe said:
..yes, I am Corgi..
That's what he said when I asked on the first page of this thread, but he later reveals that he is in the Irish Republic (Tipperary) where I don't think Corgi has any significance. So I rather doubt that he is Corgi (which is a relief).

chrishutt said:
So I rather doubt that he is Corgi (which is a relief).
I agree. However, would that not mean that he's directly breaking SI 1998:2451 Regulation 3(7) - No person shall falsely pretend to be a member of a class of persons required to be approved <bla bla bla>?

I don't know if Eire is covered by CORGI, but since BG is posting on a UK site then any act of false pretence on the forum would be a crime.

He might be anonymous here, but how many red-faced boiler-installing nutters can there be in Tipperary?

Sponsored Links
He might be anonymous here, but how many red-faced boiler-installing nutters can there be in Tipperary?[/quote]

I am corgi registered and im not a nutter so my shrink tells me.

BOB.DOLE said:
He might be anonymous here, but how many red-faced boiler-installing nutters can there be in Tipperary?
Are you saying that BG is yet another of your aliases in the continuing vaudeville that is BOB.DOLE?

If so, then I have to congratulate you on your inventiveness. I should have learned by now how to spot the hallmarks of your posts, but clearly I haven't; although the threats to leave the forum, the abuse, and the blinding incompetence, of your various alter egoes, were feeling intagibly familiar.

Or perhaps you didn't intend revealing your true identity?

Softus said:
BOB.DOLE said:
Are you saying that BG is yet another of your aliases in the continuing vaudeville that is BOB.DOLE?

If so, then I have to congratulate you on your inventiveness. I should have learned by now how to spot the hallmarks of your posts, but clearly I haven't; although the threats to leave the forum, the abuse, and the blinding incompetence, of your various alter egoes, were feeling intagibly familiar.

Or perhaps you didn't intend revealing your true identity?

sorry to disappoint you softus but bamber is trainee gasman to prove that its not me just look at the spelling

Hi BOB, ok, I can accept that you aren't BG, but can you explain more about why you think BG is tgm?

Softus said:
Hi BOB, ok, I can accept that you aren't BG, but can you explain more about why you think BG is tgm?

i had a long battle with him and kevplumb about 3 weeks ago and he admitted he was trainee gas man after winning the bout.

i am not too sure of the regs in the republic but they have a different set up corgi is not mandatory in the south but for me to work on gas there i have to do a mutual changeover,takes a day to do[another con]the main thing in the south is a g1,g2 qualification which is recognized by bord gais the gas supplier.i will try to find out more info about it. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
Bamber, it's obvious from this topic that you're actually slightly nuts.
Seeing as though you have brought it up,yes, I suffer from a split personality..(No you don`t)!..Yes I do.
Apart from the fact that you can't control your temper,
Reading the self righteous, pretentious drivel that you seem to believe everyone wants to be subjected to on a daily basis you are lucky I have controlled it this long..(No he isn`t)!..Yes he is, who asked you anyway?
this isn't the first time that you've threatened to leave the forum. Like anyone would care anyway!
You would, because you wouldn`t be able to jump in at the end of each topic (as you always do) in your repeatedly vain & churlish attempts to curry favour with certain other members of the Forum.
I thought it was odd that you attacked me about the empty F&E, for which you later apologised,
I don`t know why you find being attacked odd. I should imagine you were subjected to a great deal more than this whilst you were growing up. (There was no need for that)!...Don`t you start..
but to see you progress to personal attacks on chrishutt and ChrisR is bizarre
They were not personal attacks, I don`t know them personally,if you are going to that upset, would you like to borrow a hanky?
they are two of the most restrained and knowledgable members on the forum
Here we go, more sycophantic ramblings.
and the fact that you can't interpret their abundantly clear and patiently presented information says everything about you.
Reaching for vomit bag..
You might well be an RGI, although I have my doubts,
That`s it then, if you are having your doubts I may as well just sell me van, & hand back me badge.
but something you certainly are not is competent enough to be fault-finding this particular gas boiler.
(Softus gets to his feet...to other members thunderous applause & cheers of `What a guy`).
In this respect, CORGI or not, you're breaking the law and endangering your customer
Sorry me old windbag, but you are so unbelievably wrong it`s not funny.
The work was carried out by a Worcester breakdown engineer, after I attended & suggested it may be the APS.I then advised the customer to ring Worcester & have an engineer sent out because the boiler was still under guarantee.
I came on here & asked about testing purely for my own information. If you trawl through my posts on this subject ( as if I even need to ask you to ) you will see that it was sorted whilst I was still posting on here. ( I bet you he doesn`t)..He will.. trust me.

As for being incompetent for not being too hot on breakdowns you might like to peruse this:

Hi Jason

Thanks for your incredibly prompt reply

Just to double check... do you believe it definitely is *not* the diverter valve? I ask not in doubt of your wisdom but because I received some advice just now that this component commonly sticks and/or fails.

I can see the thermistor - exactly as you describe it (although I think the wires might be purple); is there a way to test the diagnosis without replacing the part? For example, by putting a resistor across the connection to the DHW thermistor?

Kind regards
Winston

Seems even you had to start somewhere Winston, you seemed to have had a lot more humility back then, how different to the pompous ``I`m never wrong`` arrogance we are subjected to now.
On a final note, just to satisfy your strange obssession as to who I am.
I`ll tell you who I am not...TGM. I was getting old Bob going.
See you later Winst..remember be nice just like you are in the above post to Jason...(I bet you he won`t be).....Yeah, I know, fancy a cup of tea? (don`t mind if I do)...What`s your name by the way?...(Bob)..

(Bob & Bamber stroll off into Sunset).....

Bamber/Bob, how come you can write so eloquently and amusingly, yet sometimes resort to crude and unsubtle abuse and can't cope with electrics to save your lie? Or is one Bob and the other Bamber?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back