Worcester Greenstar 24i junior

chrishutt said:
Bamber/Bob, how come you can write so eloquently and amusingly, yet sometimes resort to crude and unsubtle abuse and can't cope with electrics to save your lie? Or is one Bob and the other Bamber?

Because I am short tempered & take exception to the fact that you branded me an idiot which you & ChrisR were suggesting just because I failed to grasp your explanation. It seemed to me that although I was only seeking your advice, I do not appear to be in the`Boy`s club`& so not worth persevering with.
I have noticed on more than one occassion that if you are not a `face` around here you are treated with disdain.
I over reacted & I am not proud of my comments to you on this occasion.
I think apologies are a bit late at this stage of the game..I am cr*p at electrical work admittedly but I had already stated in earlier posting that I have always worked along side a spark & breakdown engineer.
I am an installer...just dipping my toes into breakdown territory, & sadly found the water a little too hot apparently.

BTW I am currently awaiting a placement at my local college for the electrical quals I need, maybe then I`ll post back & be able to understand a little more..give you all a run for your money ;)

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
.. I do not appear to be in the`Boy`s club`& so not worth persevering with. I have noticed on more than one occassion that if you are not a `face` around here you are treated with disdain.
Well, it's inevitable that upstart newcomers (noobs) are given a harder time than more established residents. That's true everywhere - just human nature - don't take it personally (check for example simond's first foray into this forum).

But you're not such a newby, are you? Bamber appeared on this forum 3rd July 06, but you're obviously much more experienced than that. Who were you before? The fact that you've form but choose to hide it doesn't endear you to others.

Maybe I decided to be a newby to see what reaction I would get...I think we would both agree on the answer to that question.Would we not?

The reaction you got was down to you, not the fiction of being a newby. Just look back at your own posts. Two posts up you accuse me of branding you an idiot. I did not, nor did anyone else except you yourself. It's that kind of overreaction that doesn't do you any favours.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
The reaction you got was down to you, not the fiction of being a newby. Just look back at your own posts. Two posts up you accuse me of branding you an idiot. I did not, nor did anyone else except you yourself. It's that kind of overreaction that doesn't do you any favours.

The overall tone was that I am incompetent in being able to carry out any work that involved a breakdown.Dress it up all you like.
No fiction about the way newbies are treated, you have already stated that `upstart newbies are given a harder time than established residents`.

If that statement alone does not speak volumes about you & the rest of the `residents` on here what does?...I can feel my temperature rising as Elvis once said.
I think enough has been devoted to this thread already, maybe we should just leave this where it is.

The Greenstar junior has been out less than 2 years so why are you and not Worcester fixing it free ? ?

Reading the self righteous, pretentious drivel that you seem to believe everyone wants to be subjected to on a daily basis you are lucky I have controlled it this long.
I don't really care whether or not anyone wants to be subjected to what I write; read it / don't read it, love it / hate it, respect it / despise it - do what you like, it's irrelevant to me.

I don`t know why you find being attacked odd.
In that case I don't know why you apologised.

They were not personal attacks
That really isn't true though. This was personal:

Bamber Gaspipe said:
Didn`t think you would reply you Gutless, whining Coward.

That`s it then, if you are having your doubts I may as well just sell me van, & hand back me badge.
If you're telling the truth about living in Eire, then I don't believe that you have a badge to hand back.

In this respect, CORGI or not, you're breaking the law and endangering your customer
Sorry me old windbag, but you are so unbelievably wrong it`s not funny.
I'm not wrong, and it certainly isn't funny that you're unable to follow the basic instructions that ChrisR wrote for you.

Bamber Gaspipe said:
something about Winston
He isn't here anymore - nice bloke but too slow on the uptake.

On a final note, just to satisfy your strange obssession as to who I am.
If you call my response to your assertion that you were TGM an obsession, then you're not talking the same language as everyone else. It's clear that you've been posting under another user name, but it's entirely up to you whether or not you tell the truth and admit it.

quote="Softus"]
I don't really care whether or not anyone wants to be subjected to what I write; read it / don't read it, love it / hate it, respect it / despise it - do what you like, it's irrelevant to me.

Everyone does all of the above..No one likes you..you think you are popular because you are clever...Guess what?...everyone hates a smart ass ;)
In that case I don't know why you apologised.

I don`t remember apologising to you...if I did I didn`t mean it.
I'm not wrong
That`s your problem,you are never wrong, ever wondered why you are so popular?
and it certainly isn't funny that you're unable to follow the basic instructions that ChrisR wrote for you.

I think that is intended to wound me..you are obviously calling into question my intelligence.

I admit ...I am not or never will be as clever or smart as you...

I have seen your picture..& if the price I have to pay is being a handsome dude with lesser intelligence...or being you..bald,..slight, weedy...I think I`ll take being stupid...no offence there Winnie

Bamber, you're fast descending back into just being plain personal and insulting, so I foresee that this isn't going to go much further, but to respond to your more lucid points...

you think you are popular
No. I don't. But whether or not I think it, and whether or it's true, is irrelevant.

I don`t remember apologising to you...if I did I didn`t mean it.
If you didn't mean it then why say it? But in case you've genuinely forgotten, here's the hyperlink:
apologies

you are obviously calling into question my intelligence.
My comment was not personal or an insult to your intelligence. You were not able to follow the instructions that ChrisR gave you; this makes you incompetent in the context of the GSIUR, not unintelligent.

Softus said:
Bamber, you're fast descending back into just being plain personal and insulting,

Here you are again.
Gunning for a fight,why do you bother Softus?
I take exception to you..I think that is abundantly clear, surely even you must know the reasons why by now, this post of yours is probably a good indicator.
Go away & give us all a much needed break.(You`ve just been away actually haven`t you).That was good, can you do some more of that? ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
why do you bother Softus?
If you're talking about motivation then that's none of your business, but the objective of my posts here has been to point out that you aren't competent, that you aren't who you want people to believe you are, and you can't be trusted to tell the truth.

I take exception to you..I think that is abundantly clear, surely even you must know the reasons why by now, this post of yours is probably a good indicator.
It's your right to take exception; you're not the first and you won't be the last.

However, if you decide to ignore the factual points in my posts to you, then you could do a lot worse than pay heed to chrishutt, since he's written a lot of sense, particularly to you.

That's the last I have to say on this, because you've returned to a mode just being childishly insulting. You now say that your previous apology was not genuine, but that apology was the only reason I was giving you any time at all.

If you wish to levy more insults, then so be it, but I undertake to ignore you from now on.

"Softus"]
Bamber gaspipe said:
why do you bother Softus?
If you're talking about motivation then that's none of your business, but the objective of my posts here has been to point out that you aren't competent,
According to my Corgi card & gas qualifications I seem to be competent.
If they seem fit to deem me so I don`t think I am going to lose sleep worrying about the opinions of a plumber.

that you aren't who you want people to believe you are, and you can't be trusted to tell the truth.

Ridiculous comment..I don`t think anyone is interested in who I am..except you. Unlike you, I am not immersed in the illusion that people on here are actually my friends,it is just words on a keyboard to me, you obviously think that it is The Sims.(played that game?..you would love it..you get to build up a little community where you are in charge..you get loads of little friends & everything).
It's your right to take exception; you're not the first and you won't be the last.
I know..believe me...I know..
However, if you decide to ignore the factual points in my posts to you, then you could do a lot worse than pay heed to chrishutt, since he's written a lot of sense, particularly to you.
I am not ignoring the points in your posts I am blowing them, & you out of the water.
I do not need to pay heed to anyone,although I do ask for advice & say `Thank you` after receiving it.
Trying to drag other members into your little vendetta is futile.

That's the last I have to say on this,

Thank the Lord! it`s a frikkin` miracle!

now say that your previous apology was not genuine, but that apology was the only reason I was giving you any time at all.
Thanks for even bothering with me,I appreciate the quality time. Can we have ice cream now?
If you wish to levy more insults, then so be it, but I undertake to ignore you from now on.
You said that about a paragraph ago, yet you are still here bumping your gums.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back