Worcester Greenstar 28i making clunking noise on CH and HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Worcester Greenstar 28i combi boiler which is making a kettling noise (clunking noise) when turning on CH or hot water. It started today. Hot water was working fine this morning, (although there was also a bit of unusual noise) but it now stopped as well. The reset button blinks red after some time, which I press and hold for a while and then it goes away.
I have checked the overflow pipe for blockages but it is fine. We live in a hard water area and I think it could related to limescale somewhere. We had the same noises and no CH in the winter but it turned up to be ice in the overflow pipe.
I made a video showing the noise:
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the condensate is blocked and backing up into the heat exchanger

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ian,

Exactly like you said. The condensate transparent container was blocked. I removed it, cleaned it and it is working beautifully now. Appreciate your help mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back