Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Conventional

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer with one of these beasts. The display is fluctuating between the flow temp and two little o's. From the Servce Book this indicates that the boiler is going through the Air Purge Mode which is supposed to happen only once when power is first applied to the unit and is supposed to run for around 8 minutes. Try as I may I cannot clear the display and get the boiler working. I have tried a restore to factory default settings; I have tried turning the Air Purge Mode off - nowt!

Any ideas folks? (Apart from the obvious :rolleyes: )

Sponsored Links
Don't know WB's.

From a previous post I remember someone saying that there has been problems with the pcb locking in this mode when resetting.

When the power has been off, the greenstar will go through this purge mode every time, only not as long as the initial purge. just leave it running and it will go to full blast after a few minutes if required.

Sponsored Links
Update:

Spoke to WB Techies who confirmed that the problem was being caused by a software fault and could only be reset by their engineer with his laptop.

@bengasman - did what you suggested last night but after 35 mins nothing had happened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back