Worcester greenstar 40 cdi loosing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler and all pipework rads etc are 5 years old , the boiler is needing to be pressureised three times a day , there are no leaks on any rads , valves etc . The expansion pipe is not dripping at all . It seems to lose pressure when the hot tap is being run which would point me at the dhw heat exchanger , worcester tech help think it will be the main heat exchanger is faulty and the water is coming out of the condensate pipe , how hot should the condensate water be . They say it wont be the dhw heat exchanger because then it would overpressurise. Any advice gratefully recieved as I dont want to get the main heat exchanger changed when the part costs nearly £500 unless I am certain it is that part . Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to agree with the WB guy, when the boiler is off, and cold, does water still discharge through the condense pipe. There have also been numerous people on here insist the prv is good when it actually discharges all the water from the system in a single shot instead of a continual drip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back