Worcester Greenstar Camray Utility System 18/25 bearings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My Worcester Greenstar Camray Utility System 18/25 oil boiler is intermittently whining loudly. It sounds like the motor bearings but could be the oil pump I suppose. It is not the water pump.
The burner is a Riello RDB2.2 Greenstar camray 18/25, I think.
Can the bearings be changed? Which type do I need?
Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
If the burner motor bearings are whining, then on this burner the chances are that that the oil pump is leaking along the shaft into the back bearing, meaning that the pump also needs changing.
It is possible to change bearings, 6202zz springs to mind, and whilst some engineers do change them, most will change the motor complete.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to do this as cheaply as possible. If the pump needs changing I will need to get it set up by a professional with the pressure calibration kit. Thanks again.

+1 for the good chance of the bearings being 6202 series.
Tip - if the bearings remain in the aluminium castings, heating the alloy up with a hot air gun and then tapping the casting makes the bearing fall out - the same applies for reassembly....when they cool, the bearing holds tight.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips. My plan is to buy two sets of bearings as they are cheap. Fit one set and carefully check for signs of oil leaks. If there is a leak I'll get an engineer to fit a new pump, adjusting the pressure. Then if necessary I'll change the bearings again.

I go for the ZZ series, they have a metal seal and are more reliable than the RS ( rubber sealed) types.
simplybearings.co.uk deliver to me in 24 hrs or less!
The bearing code number is etched on the race face.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back