Worcester Greenstar Hiflow 440

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know off hand if the outside dimensions of the new hiflow are the same as the old, I have to swap one under a kitchen worktop. To remove the worktop is against customers wishes as it's jointed, if pva was used in the joint the worktop would tear. The kithcen is huge with many and odd shaped joints, so new worktops all round would cost £1,000 I would expect.

The customer with a large house, being used to the flow rate of the old hiflow is never going to be happy with a trashy little wall hung boiler that would fit under the worktop (of which only one that springs to mind is not ideal compared to the quality of Worcester, if you know what I mean).

A possible alternative would be a relocate to the utility with a wall hung storage combi like the Alpha 50 litre storage unit. But is the quality of the ALpha up to scratch for a cutomer used to the Hiflo?

ps I have downloaded the dimensions from Worcester, next week I shall go back to measure up, but would be nice to have advanced knowledge from any of you Worcester experts.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I am intreagued at how you can find a condensing unit to fit under a work surface.

Have you come across any condensing boiler with a side or rear flue exit ???

I think they have been the same size since the old delglo, I was always under the impression they were made to match existing kitchen appliances for size.

having done some training with worc this question was asked and the answer was non committal,it was stressed that it would fit under a worktop, not a boiler change for the faint hearted i would imagine.

Sponsored Links
Yes Tony they are steamers, they are 850 high most worktops are 900.

But also some Ideal steamers fit under worktops, I have another job to do where they want to use the Ideal system boiler.

Thanks guys I recognise it isn't a job for the feint hearted. I'll probably have to go for it but get customer to accept the fact that the work top may have to be cut and rejointed a little shorter should we not succeed. OR he can be assured of success if we relocate the boiler to the utility.

I'll be talking to him next week, I have my first Saturday off for ages tomorrow, going for a play with my valve audio buddy's.

According to El Manuel, height is 850mm, width 600mm and depth is 620mm overall, so it SHOULD fit the same cube as the old one. (WB would be competely daft if it didn't!)

Most boilers will fit under the work surface but only until you need 200 for the flue and 200 underneath for the pipe connections !!!

Tony

PS Go easy on the 807s, EL34s and ACSP3 ( did I get thet right? The pre octals are getting difficult to remember now )

Yes Tony,

But I'm I use directly heated triodes mostly from America since you lot into this stuff in the 70's were asleep and let the Japanese buy up all the decent valve stock in the UK. PX4's and PX25's are rocking horse doo doo. The American triodes like 45, 2a3 and 300b are cheaper and available.

The Icos I think it is (anyhow the Ideal system steamer), with flue and pipework does fit under a work top.

I hate it when I get called to this type of thing, but the customer is always right even when they're wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back