Worcester greenstar utility 18/25 oil constantly locking out.

When you press the restart what happens, motor start? Does the Boiler fire
It does attempt to fire up yes, maybe 5 seconds in goes back to lockout. I can get the boiler actually working by continuously clicking lock out one after another and it eventually does start running, then after few hours just goes back to lock out

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you can remove the burner you can check the electrode gap yourself should be 4 to 5mm, my 17 year old Firebird gap is 4.5mm, the photo in post#17 (not yours) seems to show a enormous gap if those are the electrodes positioned at 5 oclock.

also the pressure isn’t even 1 bar, it’s at around half a bar, just over?

That should be increased to 1.3/1.5 bar but won't account for having to reset the burner trip.

That should be increased to 1.3/1.5 bar but won't account for having to reset the burner trip.
Haven’t got round to taking burner off myself etc, but a couple more things, I got the boiler working (just by clicking lockout and it eventually fires up) I washed the pots and had a shower and by that time it has gone off again

In all of this thread, no-one has mentioned a nozzle. The black soot cleaned out a 'couple of months ago' is indicative of poor combustion. When serviced properly the oil pressure should have been checked and if dirty, the nozzle changed. If a dirty nozzle has been cleaned, it is possible that the spray pattern has been deformed by soot pressed into the orifice, or even the spinner inside not spinning so no atomised spray.
As i said before when was it serviced?

In all of this thread, no-one has mentioned a nozzle. The black soot cleaned out a 'couple of months ago' is indicative of poor combustion. When serviced properly the oil pressure should have been checked and if dirty, the nozzle changed. If a dirty nozzle has been cleaned, it is possible that the spray pattern has been deformed by soot pressed into the orifice, or even the spinner inside not spinning so no atomised spray.
As i said before when was it serviced?
No it hasn’t been serviced in atleast the year and half I’ve lived in the house, before then I couldn’t tell you either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back