Worcester Heatsave 9.24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a rather old Worcester Heatsave 9.24 that is covered by BG. Unfortunately the water diverter diaphram has gone and they can't get the part.

Now it looks like I might be able to get the part off someone like www.theboilershop.co.uk for £112 pounds. Bearing in mind the cost of the part and installation and the age of the boiler (1988 I think) is it worth fixing??

Im a bit peeved that the BG man didn't suggest that a third party replacement may be available, and was all to quick to recommend a £2k replacement.

Any views would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
If you have 3 star cover with BG . Phone them up and tell them where you can source the part from they are then obliged to source it and fit it under the terms of 3 star(if they are funny ask for a visit from the lead engineer for your area) . All BG engineers have access to a parts help desk whose job it is to source such parts for the engineers and customers. Some engineers don`t try too hard if the part isn`t showing on there terminal. Also they have access to a universal diaphram kit for divertor valves which i am 99% certain fit the 924.

Must be some crossed wires surely the manufacturer codes are

diverter valve 87161424500
diaphragm repair kit 87161405530

go to this site and search those numbers http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk under manufacturer's code.

Ring BG back aswell, those are both stock parts and easily available, although it may well be time to think about a boiler upgrade.

Sponsored Links
The 9.24 uses two diff diverter valves, the one noted plus 87161567100 so you would have to find out the exact model 9.24 you have. Both valves are still available and nothing on the 9.24 is obsolete (yet)

Is it the appliance GC number I need to identify the exact part required?

MJT seem to have the part even cheeper at £68.50

Obviously BG don't have access to the WWW.

I have phoned BG and they (say) they are trying to source the part from the boilershop (which is only a stones throw away from us) so fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back