Worcester Heatslave 9.24 - Urgent help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello a friend of mine is getting married on Saturday and the combi has started losing pressure on a daily basis and has been constantly topping up.

The overflow seems to drip when the central heating is on.

The expansion vessel has no air in it so i put 10psi in it, that has not solved the issue.

When the car tyre valve is pressed it sounds like a mixture of water and air escaping so i conclude that the expansion vessel has had it.

Due to the age of the unit i cannot find any literature for it so could someone be so kind as to list the procedures please. Local Partcenter keep in stock as they say its pretty common.

I just need a little guideance.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev but i havent learnt how to do that yet guidance would be needed to do this.

Sponsored Links
Please can someone provide me with the manual so i can see how easy it is to remove the vessel and also it should give me an idea of how to install another vessel if needed. thanks

Aftermarket expansion vessels seem to cost less than £20 and replacement part 87161425090 around the £40 mark. Which place would i need to splice in to fit the tee? I assume the pipe running to the pressure relief valve before the existing vessel. Is this correct?

Aren't these just the flat round ones which slide in above the control panel?, if so its a 20 minute job.

It took 2 hours in total to:

Drain down system (easy enough)

Removed and replaced PRV - PTFE needed (Two nuts removed also had to withdraw complete overflow pipe to access, gauge sender pipe)

Removed and replaced Expansion vessel - new washer supplied 1 nut removed (Warning this was full of water and weighed about 15kg be careful when removing from confined space)

Refill and bleed system.

No leaks.

Very easy to do would do again.

Thanks to everone for their input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back