Worcester Heatslave Highflow 3.5 Boiler spare part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an issue with the above boiler where i have hot water and no heating. Having called out the company which carries out the maintenance on the boiler, i was told that the boiler would have to be replaced as the spare parts are obsolete.

The part in question is a 3 part valve.

Does anyone know if these parts still exist and if so where to get them?

Keen to know if the company is "at it" and just trying to force me into getting a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler really is old and overdue for replacement.

It is usually possible to repair the diverter valve by replacing the motor if thats the fault.

They are obsolete as parts for the boiler but usually its possible to get something to fit and work but not what most engineers would bother to do with such an old boiler.

Tony

Are you quite sure PP ?

Most boilers like the Gem etc. use flange connections rather than the standard compression olives!

Sponsored Links
It may well only be a failed synchron motor in the powerhead. These are diverters and not mid position and fail to HW only. I hope your man has checked that.

Do those fitted have a manual lever that the OP can operate to get heating?

Is so then why did the engineer not point it out to him?

Or would that be part of the putting pressure on him to replace the boiler ( with them )?

Tony

A three port Drayton valve will fit. But not a job for the DIYer. Check the motor first though

Are you quite sure PP ?

Most boilers like the Gem etc. use flange connections rather than the standard compression olives!

Yea ive done it numerous times using BG branded drayton stuff.

Ive done it in my boiler too, replaced a honeywell grey top with a drayton 3 port body and zone valve head

A three port Drayton valve will fit. But not a job for the DIYer. Check the motor first though

Got a second opinion from a friend of a friend last night. He reckons he can get his hands on a 3 port valve for £150. Does that sound about right price wise?

Sorry cubster, don't do prices, only repair boilers and charge :D

I doubt that DP would charge that much!

Why not ask him at Rannock Services G61?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back