Worcester Junior 28i Faulty Pcb Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ...

I have checked the following:

- 240v at supply connections
- All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board
- The transformer is giving the correct outputs
- All internal fuses on the PCB board are tested and showing OK
- I put a temporary link across LS and LR but when the 240v is switched onto the boiler no lights show on the front of the boiler (reset light, blue light or the maintenance light). The boiler doesn't even attempt to fire.

I have already replaced the PCB board and the fan PCB board but this didn't fix the issue.

What further checks would you recommend to get the boiler to fire? Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Get a gas safe engineer, ya shouldn’t be in there.

Get a gas safe engineer, ya shouldn’t be in there.
Its a gas safe engineer that's doing the checks. He suggested a replacement main PCB board which has already been fitted but I'm just trying to narrow down my options.

Get one they knows what he is doing. Is it a combi

Sponsored Links
Yes, brown is positive to positive and blue is negative to negative

Call a decent gas safe, these are a piece of **** to work on, if you’ve got no power on the board. Then something is blowing the fuse. Any noises from the fan or pump.

Call a decent gas safe, these are a piece of **** to work on, if you’ve got no power on the board. Then something is blowing the fuse. Any noises from the fan or pump.
The fuses aren't blown... internal fuses and the fuse at the spur unit were checked with a multimeter and are all showing OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back