Worcester oil 20/25 noisy burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Id be gratefull if some could help me out, my worcester oil heatslave 20/25 locked out earlier its the electro oil inter B11 burner I reset it and the burner started making a loud grinding noise I am not sure if a bearing is going somwhere it seems to be coming from the oil pump or is it something like a dirty nozzle or shut off valve.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Id be gratefull if some could help me out, my worcester oil heatslave 20/25 locked out earlier its the electro oil inter B11 burner I reset it and the burner started making a loud grinding noise I am not sure if a bearing is going somwhere it seems to be coming from the oil pump or is it something like a dirty nozzle or shut off valve.

Thanks.

Sounds to me like the pump needs taking apart and greasing. this should be one every year when serviced, along with the nozzle being changed.

Hi,

Thanks.

Sounds to me like the pump needs taking apart and greasing. this should be one every year when serviced, along with the nozzle being changed.

Thank you for the reply, much apprectated, I have just bled the pump to make sure there is oil getting to it, I will grease the pump, do you just remove the front cover of the pump to grease it. I`ll get a new nozzle on Monday.
Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks.

Total bo$$ocks on both counts!!!

Where have you got this information from.
A nozzle only needs changing when it fails to give satisfactory combustion,
As for stripping and GREASING an oil pump :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments :unsure:
Sorted the problem by Changing the nozzle, new photo cell , cleaned filter on oil pump, new drive dog, oil pump to motor,

Sponsored Links
Greasing an oil pump, that is a good one.

Hope he's better at gas boiler maintenance... :eek:

Dinas, best get the combustion settings checked now, or you'll be shovelling soot out before long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back