Worcester or Baxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Could you please advice which best boiler to go for between Worcester Bosch or Baxi Platinum Combi.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you guy, but if i may ask, why do most people opt in for Worcester Bosch? an aunty of mine fitted Worcester Bosch last year and have not been able to use it properly until recently, it was constant breakdown despite the amount she spent for installations.

Thank you guy, but if i may ask, why do most people opt in for Worcester Bosch? an aunty of mine fitted Worcester Bosch last year and have not been able to use it properly until recently, it was constant breakdown despite the amount she spent for installations.

People want them because British Gas use them all the time (40.000+) per year.

Its a mine field out there :confused:

Check out the Intergas Combi HRE
;)

Vaillant, Installed Worcesters, keep breaking down and need to be a micro surgeon to replace parts. Only had one pump die on a Vaillant, replaced and running lovely now.

Installed Valliant 937 into my place 9 months ago and used excessively by daughter and older son, constantly showering all day long. Real work horses! (the boiler not the kids)

Baxi Platinum, Stainless steel heatxchanger, and they honour their warranty,
drawback, bit big for kitchen cupboard and no pipe back spacer kit.

Same as above the baxi over the worcester . Worcester are living on a past name pish to install and fekin expensive to repair when it breaks down and it will

Baxi Platinum, Stainless steel heatxchanger, and they honour their warranty,
drawback, bit big for kitchen cupboard and no pipe back spacer kit.

Baxi all day everyday and you can get a spacer that fits onto the Jig just ask at your local plumbs.
Here is just a small example of cost difference.
If the baxi plate heat goes its £38 + Vat for the part and for the installer its a 20minute job at most.
For the worcester the same part is £100 plus + Vat and assuming all goes well and no O Rings are lost need replaced, then you may be looking at an hour.
As an installer and repair man i would have the Baxi everyday of the week.

I put hundreds of worcesters in a year and i can't fault them! Am currently running at less than 1% breaking down in first 5 years!!

Without knowing the probs your relative had I can't comment!.

And as for only finding out recently how to work it...seems to me she was badly advisedby her installer.

If you get a worcester reg engineer to fit it you get a quibble free 5 years full parts and labour guarantee off the manufacturer!

BAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXI :rolleyes: BAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXIBAXI

10 years ago worcester, these days they are Ferrari badged with Lada build quality, youre not getting what your paying for, simple as that

Baxi out of the 2

Vaillant would be my boier of choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back