Worcestor 24i Junior erratic fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Had a RGE out this evening but he left advising me I may need a new PCB.

Symptoms
The fan may or not may come on by itself when it does or is pushed by blowing on the APS tube the flame starts up nicely and burns correctly for about 30 seconds.
The flame then begins to get larger and the fan cuts out causing it to flame over and waver under the burner plate and around the sides.

The gas pressure working and static are all correct, the flue is clear of any blockages.

Any other ideas if not will get the pcb ordered tomorrow.
Thanks
Pete

Sponsored Links
I would agree with the PCB theory.

The 28Si mk II does the same thing...fan working flame burning away,
fan stops and flame muffles out..... PCB req!

:evil:

I assume an RGE is what we call an RGI.

Presumably he came out free to tell you what he thinks is wrong which would explain why he is not putting much effort into diagnosing the problem properly.

It may well be the PCB but might also be other things as well.

As you are not going to pay anyone to fix the boiler then the PCB might be the fault but then its quite dear ( £130 ? ) so its an expensive purchase if its not the cause !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is there 240v at the fan,when you say,you have to blow to get it to fire,do youu mean you have to give the fan a bit of help,for it to spin.If youve got 240v at the fan,then its the fan,

Hi Guys
Had a RGE out this evening but he left advising me I may need a new PCB.

Pete

If you had engaged him to repair your boiler then he would have diagnosed the fault, obtained the part and fitted it for you.

In that senario he would have taken the responsibility if he had made a mistake and would only have charged you for the correct part which made it work again.

However you only called him free to advise you. He told you he thought the pcb was faulty and as you are a plumber/builder you ask here for some other views before you buy the part and fit it yourself.

I advised you that it may well be the pcb but if its not then thats an expensive mistake.

You then accuse me of assuming far too much!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back