Worcestor 24i / pcb or pressure switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im not getting an ignition on the above boiler, had a plumber out who's first diagnosis was that it might be the pcb, as all the other workings seem to check out ok. He has not come back to sort the problem and Ive been without hot water for a month. Since ive spoken to the landlord, ive proposed that I order a new pcb as that was the plumbers original diagnosis, but he never tested the pcb and the landlord has been informed by the plumber that he now thinks its the pressure switch? Ive taken the board out since, and am half tempted to order a new one, but do not want to waste a £100 on it if the board is fine. Is there a way to test the pressure switch myself, ive some knowledge in plumbing but only
know a little when it comes to boilers.

pressure is at 2bar all the workings of pcb seem to function, timer, and variable temparature switch activates as normal all valves have been checked for blockages and pump is fine, all fuses are ok

So any ideas on how to check if its the pressure switch?

Board has been put back and is still functional but still not igniting the gas.

thanks in advance

Teee

Sponsored Links
teee said:
...the landlord...
It's not your responsibility to fix it, it the landlord's. Just tell him to get it sorted and withhold your rent until he does (he's already left you without hot water for a month - outrageous!). Do not spend any of your time or money on this.

Yes your right, but thats what I have been doing, he will be getting the bill though so no money lost my end as its coming out of the rent. The old saying goes, if want summit done... So any other advice regarding my question.

atb

teee

Sponsored Links
switch on at boiler sequence

turn power on from mains

hear a click

run water (hear the pump and the rush of water) and then hear another click

but no hot water

cheers

teee

hi, I still need some advice regarding this, if someone can help.

thanks

teee

If its the original 24i not the one marked "junior" then then the only pressure switch on it is the air pressure switch if its fitted with the original brown/black model and not the later white model it should be replaced as its s**** ,other than that you could have a number of things wrong but the common faults are. Overheat stat tripped (re set button on top of the boiler), PCB stuck in an anti cycle(can be re set temp by switching mains power off and on but will have to be replaced, min gas pressure on gas valve too low ,then you will have spark ignition but no or very poor flame ,if so have the fitter adjust min gas to app 0.5 to 0.75 mb.

COG, your a diamond mate, much appreciated...

Will let you know what it is when Ive checked...

atb

Teee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back