worchester 24 cdi fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all, just looking for a bit of advice on this particular problem.
im a corgi registered engineer with little fault finding experience on combi boilers, so when my mate asked me to have a look at his i was reluctant but since he was a bit a bit skint i agreed.
the boiler is a room sealed 24di and basicly its a flame failure problem, ch light is flashing slowly, which on the flow diagram indicates flame failure, and the hw light is flashing quickly, which either indicates fan fault ( which is fine) or PCB fault. Might seem a little obv but just thought id ask for some advice before i go and splash out on a new board only to find out it was something else!
cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yeah i think so, not had it out to test it but wouldnt the fan fail if it wasnt making?

Have found in the past this to be pcb failure (APS,fan check out OK). Given the price of a board its a better option to call out Worcester and get a years warranty on the whole boiler.

cheers for the help guys. replaced the board and the boiler is running fine. told him to get the scottish gas insurance for it to save shelling out big time again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back