word problems again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again oh holy chaps of the computer software knowledge world (i really am not worthy!)

time for another story so ill begin if youre sitting comfortably!

Im designing a draft for some flyers to e-mail to my printer. They are very simple and consist of a jpeg of my company logo, a jpeg of a photo of some work, both of which come out fine. Now i want the background for the rest of the design to be in green, with white lettering. So i've set the background to green (by changing the background colour on the format drop down menu) and the lettering to be white by selecting the font colour as white. Im viewing it in print layout and its looking fine and dandy. When i come to print it (on a colour printer) its only printing the jpegs and coming out as a totally white sheet apart from that! Also when i emailed it to the printer its only come out exactly the same!

any ideas what im doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
lol @ emailing the printer

BTW theres much better out there for designing flyers

Thanks chaps. Why cant they make them simple. Yes im e-mailing the printer as in the bloke who is doing the print work, not the useless lump of cartridge eating plastic connected to my computer!

Its only a very rough simple draft to show him what i want, but what decent programs are there out there then?

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Thanks chaps. Why cant they make them simple. Yes im e-mailing the printer as in the bloke who is doing the print work, not the useless lump of cartridge eating plastic connected to my computer!

Its only a very rough simple draft to show him what i want, but what decent programs are there out there then?

It depends on what you want to spend. If you already have MS Office, Publisher is probably good enuff.

A program that I find excellent for flyers and such is xara extreme Vector graphics but without the complications of something like illustrator - much better than having to drag text boxes around! Thers a trial to download, and a few vid clips to watch, I do reccomend it, I've been using it and its predecessors (xara,xara 2) for years.

Iv'e just produced a document using Word, like the one you are trying to make.
First I used the drawing tools to draw a full-page box and filled with Green.
Then I copied & pasted a Logo into the box. Had to adjust 'Text Wrapping' to 'In front of text'
Then I created a text box with 'no line' but filled with the same colour Green. In the text box, I typed some text and set the text colour to white.

Would it not be cheaper to print on Green paper? You may have to change the text colour, perhaps print-shops don't advise on making it cheaper.

Back