Working for E.on

Sponsored Links
meant to be ok. only do ch heating and meant to be as cushy as BG was twenty years ago

ive not heard good things but then no one has told me its awful either. dont think we have any E.on guys on here.

Sponsored Links
I am a EON engineer and i love it,been with them 2 months.

Most of the bg guys who I know who migrated over there are very happy with it, lots less time pressures and no performance targets. Seems to be less overtime and extra bonus earning opportunities though.

I am a EON engineer and i love it,been with them 2 months.

You seem to be doing private jobs as well (previous post) Do you have your own Registration and if so what is Eon's stance on this?

How much is the pay if you don't mind me asking.

This vacancy implies that the do the same as BG.:

We are the UK’s largest integrated power and gas company, generating, distributing and supplying energy to millions of homes and businesses. Our Energy Services business provides customers with all of the services they need to get connected to energy supplies, heat their homes and understand their energy use.

We are looking for a number of Gas Service & Repair Engineers who are self motivated and use to working on their own initiative to join our growing field workforce right across the U.K.

You will be responsible for providing gas service, maintenance, repair and quality assurance services to domestic end users, supporting a range of products on behalf of various customers.

You will have excellent current knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment or working practices required to support the business and its customers and you will be required to maintain this knowledge on an ongoing basis.

You will possess previous experience of servicing, maintenance and repair of gas heating systems such as Vaillant, Ideal and Ravenheat boilers. You will also be highly knowledgeable in fault diagnosis, gas and heating systems, equipment and devices

You will need minimum qualifications of CCN1, CEN1, WAT1, HTR1, CKR1 and ideally DAH1 & MET1

You will have a high level of customer focus, possess good written and oral communication skills and will be able to maintain and produce accurate administration documents.

You will be required to commit to a shift rota based on 37 hours per week, and a standby rota. In return for your hard work and commitment to us you will be provided with ongoing support and training as well as being rewarded with a good salary, shift/standby allowance and overtime opportunities as well as a number of other benefits including pension scheme, employee discounts, flexible benefits and Share Save Scheme. You will also be provided with all the tools and equipment you require to fulfil your duties as well as a Company van, mobile phone and PDA.

Is it true 7 jobs a day and no appliances over 7 year old

how could a company survive providing such a narrow service? pointless.

They couldn't but they could gain a very solid foothold in the market with a good reputation while expanding the business.

they could, but if their t+c's are anything like the other lot, whos name escapes me, they are not covering anything near what BG does....we need bigcheese to spill the beans :D

Their t+c's are different to the others Nickso, their business model is based on bg homecare but they are currently giving engineers time to do the jobs to build up a reputation.

Bg have used a lot of secret customers recently to try and sound out the e-on service and reports from all the other managers I have spoken to is that the service is excellent.

Their t+c's are different to the others Nickso, their business model is based on bg homecare but they are currently giving engineers time to do the jobs to build up a reputation.

Bg have used a lot of secret customers recently to try and sound out the e-on service and reports from all the other managers I have spoken to is that the service is excellent.

BG had better watch then.

ive heard some of them dont even cover the cylinder. :confused:

my only knowledge of the E.on service standards is the alledged act of rolling out some gimmicky red carpet for every customer on entry to the house. thats reason enough not to work for them, a load of nonsense thought out by a politician manager, lets hope for their sake they dont get swamped in them like BG are.

my only knowledge of the E.on service standards is the alledged act of rolling out some gimmicky red carpet for every customer on entry to the house. thats reason enough not to work for them, a load of nonsense thought out by a politician manager, lets hope for their sake they dont get swamped in them like BG are.

Int that npower :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back