Working in Republic of Ireland? Part P?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am an experienced electrician, and have been approached to start a project in Southern Ireland. Sounds like a nice few weeks away from manchester which is always good, but, now for the daft question.

As an act of parliament, Part P covers England and Wales. Does anyone know of any relevant legislation that should be adhered to re building regs in ireland? or is it simply to comply with 7671? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
My Wife's family come from the ROI and a couple of them happen to be sparks over there. From general conversations with them I gather that although some of them do the C&G 2381, they do not use this standard to work to, they go by the CENELEC?? regs. They also don't use T&E for lighting circuits, preffering instead single & earth and they tend to put sockets on radials.

Unfortunately that's all I know as when we normally get together we talk shit whilst getting drunk

cheers nozspark, had a quick look at the cenelec standards.

Does anyone else have any experience of working in ireland?

Bump

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back