Working on cold water inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am fully aware that you need to be registered gas safe etc to work on a boiler but is it legal for a competent person to replace the cold water inlet cock on a combi boiler. I live in a very small town with seemingly numpty plumbers who needed me to tell them the pressure release valve was the cause of a leak. Im refusing to have any of the three local guys back in my house as they have only caused problems and want to replace the boiler that as far as i can see just needs a little love and attention.
I know I am more than capable of removing the two nuts that hold this part in place but am just interested in the legality as plumber no. 2 said it was illegal for me to change the pressure release myself even though its nothing to do or even near the gas parts of the boiler. This part is under the casing where as the prv was behind the drop down control panel. The boiler is an Ariston microgenus 27MFFI

Appreciate any input

Sponsored Links
You ask about a water inlet cock and then go on to speak about a PRV.

On your particular boiler you dont have to be gas reg do do either but on some other models you do for the PRV.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back