Working out V.drop on ring final circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’m just starting out, and have got a bit confused about ring final volt drop. :(

I understand the normal formula for radials but don’t know the one for ring finals. I’ve looked in my books and can’t find it; can someone please help? :oops:
Edit: I have searched and this forum is great! -But I'm still a bit confused as to whether I half the length and Ib, or quarter the length and leave the Ib as is!

So if we have Ib x L x Mv/A/m / 1000; for an 18m 32A Ib ring on normal 2.5/1.5 T/E I work it out to be:
32 x 28 x 18 / 1000 or 16V ! Eeek! –that’s a lot more that 9.2!! :eek:

Where am I going wrong? :rolleyes:

Thank for any replies :)

Sponsored Links
Where am I going wrong? :rolleyes:
Read your own post and you'll see why:

But I'm still a bit confused as to whether I half the length and Ib, or quarter the length and leave the Ib as is!

So if we have Ib x L x Mv/A/m / 1000; for an 18m 32A Ib ring on normal 2.5/1.5 T/E I work it out to be:
32 x 28 x 18 / 1000 or 16V ! Eeek! –that’s a lot more that 9.2!! :eek:
You've done neither....

Sponsored Links
:oops:
Thanks, so I can do either then? -I guess it's the same result so I'll get my coat..
Great forum :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back