working with youngroughcaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the pleasure of working with Youngrough' today i took him to work with me. He's on holiday from school. 9 years old and worked like a trooper he did. Taping joints, slurrying a wall, sealing a badly water stained wall with oil based paint, ready for plastering, tidying up , washing the tools, and pouring us a cup of tea now and again ;) We started the job last Friday, and we will be finshed tomorrow. We have some coving to put up for the same customer next week as an extra job. Hes really earned his pocket money this week , but i dont know what he will spend it on. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Well done "youngrough", make sure your grandad gives you your pocket money in a brown envelope this week. ;)

Perhaps he could save up for a nice s/s trowel, did you let him flatten anything off?? bless, I cant wait for my little one to become more interactive.

i have been to work before with my grandad, but i could'nt do alot because it was a ceiling but this time theres lot of walls where i can help more, and tomorow we are plastering the last of the walls ;)

Sponsored Links
i have been to work before with my grandad, but i could'nt do alot because it was a ceiling but this time theres lot of walls where i can help more, and tomorow we are plastering the last of the walls ;)

Fair Play !! Hope you learn at least as much as he's forgotten!!!!

Make sure grandpa pays you the correct amount. Sounds like at least £100 so far - don't let him try to make you think otherwise.

id change the name kid young rough dont sound so good ,but keep up the good work :D
i think youngroughcaster is a good name he wants to be like his grandad, he can always swap it to oldroughcaster when he gets older or roughcasterjr, starting at that age youngroughcaster will be timed served by the time hes left school :)

and there your 1st thanks RCjunior. :D
good luck working with old pops ;)

A heart warming read. I think its a great gift to pass on skills and a good legacy! :D

Welcome to the "RC" club young 'un, theres 4 of us now... ;)

ps. thank you rc junior

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back