Workshop floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right place. Sorry if its not (its kind of a shed)

I have been building a large workshop since June, its a 9m x 3m wooden building. I have dedicated 3m of it to a clean room for 3D printing and CAD work. I have carpet this section. The main "dirty" section is raw OSB. I wanted to apply a coating/covering to it that was hardwearing but mainly something that hid the uneven OSB. I had planned to use an epoxy paint but after testing this on my shed floor I wasn't happy with the results.

Does anybody have any ideas? What about self levelling floor compound?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Joe
On my uneven concrete garage floor where the workbench is I use cheap Vinyl flooring.
As a pro it was relativity cheap, It hides the uneven floor, makes it very easy to clean (vacuum and/or mop), makes room lighter, and easy to find items when I drop them.
As a con it does get damaged when I drop sharp items on it or stand on screws/nails. (But still looking better than concrete after 5 years of use)
Not sure if hard wearing enough for your use, but here is a random link:
https://www.carpetright.co.uk/vinyl/sort-by/price/sort-direction/asc
sfk

suggestions are

Costco ( and others) do tread plate style plastic flooring for garages
They also do interlocking tiles ( also in B&q) which will have a cushion effect
Hardboard that is varnished?

Sponsored Links
So long as it doesn't get soaking wet, OSB is surprisingly hard wearing

So long as it doesn't get soaking wet, OSB is surprisingly hard wearing
I've used OSB that has been outside for over a year.

I wouldn't use it for a floor though. It's too vulnerable to point loads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back