Workshop footings embarrassment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK. 5m X 3m workshop footings. Slightly sloping ground so I have had to shutter the concrete strip footings in order to raise the wooden workshop base off the ground.

450mm wide strips around the outside with one 450mm strip down the middle so the bearers are supported across these strips.

So far so good but I get it into my mind that I need to top the concrete strips with flat 450mm slabs. Buy 50 from the local builders merchant, cost £100. Spent three days leveling and laying said slabs.

Looks lovely. The wife then asks why I didn't just raise the concrete strips higher by 25mm therefore doing away with the slabs. I was totally stymied for an answer.... Why didn't I?.....- Because the picture on an internet site giving examples for laying bases showed one with slabs. It looked really pretty!

Didn't tell her that though just said the concrete wasn't smooth enough to carry the bearers. ;)

God I feel stupid. Can't bring myself to put the photos up. :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back