Workshop into Residential?

Parking on the road will the least of your problems. I cannot see any council refusing a parking permit to a domestic resident.

Sponsored Links
Parking on the road will the least of your problems. I cannot see any council refusing a parking permit to a domestic resident.

Hopefully. But they'd need to make me a resident first, because to start with I'd be the owner of a commercial premises.

It may be possible to get past any issues by either convincing the council I'd be parking elsewhere (a garage) or I'd be getting rid of my car.

Anyhow, this is all just theory, guesswork and a lot of research right now.

The plot goes up for auction tomorrow and I am not bidding on it. I am just going to see if it doesn't sell and maybe sometime in the near future it appears for sale on the open market.

Can't you just contact the council and say "I have this plan to build a 1 bed dwelling on this road, could you let me know if you would be happy to provide me a parking permit for 1 car on this road?" and get an answer, instead of buying a property, putting in a planning application and then being told NO!
- I would certainly try that.

View attachment 183448

Interestingly I found this property in the next road along. It was an office and got planning permission in 2011 to be turned into a 2 bedroom home.

This means that the property would be entitled to 1 parking permit if they have 2 cars as they only have 1 off road parking space.

So it's been done, 200 yards away, a commerical property effectively in amongst neighbour's gardens which got planning permission to become a house and giving that property a parking permit was not an issue for the planners. Bodes well.

Obviously other things to worry about, but at least this is something to go on.
- yes ,this is a different case to your site .

The plot goes up for auction tomorrow and I am not bidding on it.
- probably the right decision.

Sponsored Links
It sold, so will be interesting to see if anyone tries to build a property there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back