Workshop Planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So, the garage.

We're currently planning an extension that will also include a change of layout for the garage.

it'll go from 9m x 3m to the weird shape shown in the pic.

So, I want to make the most of the space, the main area will need to allow for a car to be parked as and when required (ideally very rarely!)

I've got a punchbag in there, a weight bench (just free weights, not a power rack or anything)

Also a motorbike is left in there to slowly waste away whilst I constantly say "must go for a ride soon"

Other than that I really want to plan the space out well, Ideally with a mitre bench and plenty of worktop space for projects and loads of cupboard and shelf space for my random hoarding!!

how would you lay out the space?

mskduc.png

Sponsored Links
Oh, on the 5m wall, will be a door into the "washroom/Utility" (essentially so we can drive in, unload the dog and get shot of boots and mud etc)
on the 4.07m wall will be a wall to the outside so we can come in and out from the garden to garage for normal gardening duties

Main roller door is on the end 4.5m wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back