Gym/Work Shed advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working on planning out a new shed build to replace the old falling apart flimsy shed that's currently in the back garden. I'm going to base the final design on the one in the pics below. It'll be around 3m x 6m and will be split into 2 halves. One side a workshop/tool shed, the other I want to setup as a home gym with some free weights, wall attached power rack, bench and possibly a folding treadmill.

1705502417687.png

1705502459896.png

One issue I have at the moment is that our garden has a 2-2.5m flat, then turns into a slope that drops about 1.5m before it starts to flatten out again. I was going to use legs/piers to support the floor anyway to account for this, but then it popped into my head when I was thinking about adding extra blocking for mounting the rack would the floor be strong enough to support the weight using 400 OC spacing for joists? If not, are there any suggestions on how I could build the floor to handle the load of racking and un-racking a barbell plus weights?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back