Worktop blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,
I am after some advice please as i've just had my B&Q kitchen fitted (not by B&Q) but by a family member and all is well with the exception that where the dishwasher is the worktop has started to blow out right above the dishwasher and the veneer is lifting, this has only been in about 6 weeks so I went to B&Q & explainned the issue, the woman just said it's either you open the dishwasher when it's not finished and steam has blown it or there is a problem with the seal on the dishwasher (also brought from them) there are no seal issues that I can see and my point is that if the dishwasher steam is a common problem surely they need to include or sell a metal panel to prevent this happening- she just shrugged and said B&Q don't with any of their kitchens sell such a thing and that unless it was a broken seal on the dishwasher tough luck.
Am I wrong to think this isnt right? is she talking BS in the hope I will go away and buy a new piece of worktop at £300, any advice gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
Some dishwasher manufacturers provide a plate but it's up to installer to seal above any appliance to prevent moisture lifting the laminate.Foil tape is often used, easy to apply and water proof.Afraid it's down to installers ignorance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back