Worktop Joining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to redo my kitchen and I would like to join two pieces of soldi beech 3m length worktop together lengthways to create a breakfast bar which can take standard kitchen base units underneath on both sides. Has anyone got any advice on doing this or would I be better off getting a worktop that is 1200mm wide rather than joining two 600mm together? I am on a limited budget therefore do not want to spend huge amounts on the worktop. I can get 3000x620x40mm worktop in beech for £130 each. Any suggestions or experience in this area would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to do it with standard worktop bolts and biscuits and sealant.

You may have to rely on the edges being factory finished nice and straight, as if you have to trim or work on the edge you may have difficulty getting both straight over the 3m length so that they join with no gaps

If you can't hide it, show it off. Maybe a strip of D moulding over the join to match the colour of the doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back