Worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to cut two 90 degree joints (U shaped kitchen), I have a router and jig. However, my walls are not true (at 90 degrees). The instructions only advice on 90 degree cuts. Mine are both between 92 and 95 degrees.

I have cut the top worktop and pushed it against the wall, as a neat fit. But when I hold the left end and right end worktops upto it, there are gaps at the round end of 9mm and 12mm respectively.

Does the jig allow none 90 degree cuts, and if so how do you set it up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You cut the female cut, then lay the male section over the top or below it (making sure its horizontally level with the other one, so support it with an offcut), then mark the outline of the female with a pencil, remove the male section. Then clamp your jig with the cut line matching the marked line (you may have to sit it back a set distance if you have the exact length piece, so the width of the router guide is taken into account.)

Hope that helps, I'm no expert but that is how I managed to sort out the same problem on the last kitchen I fitted.

Kev

Thankyou for the advice Kev.

I have successfully been able to cut the worktops (U shaped Kitchen). I followed instructions provided.

I first cut the two female joint in the worktop, which went against the window. Then scribed the other ends by place the end worktops on top.

The joints on the left handside is perfect, but the joint on the right is good. (the router bit needs to be sharpe, after cutting the other joints the bit was a little worn). Inhind-sight you are better off with at least two router bits.

Your help/advice has gone a long way.

Sponsored Links
I usually find that one router bit does one joint comfortably, i.e. one male and one female. Then the bit does start to wear but just take it easy on each pass taking a little less off each time and you should be able to do two joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back