Worried about new shower!

Sponsored Links
at least the pipes are the same colour as the tiles ??

Well, calling the tiler to postpone although new tiles on the way!
I am redecorating the new place and wanted to start with the bathroom as I cannot use a bath. Due to movement problems, so the bathroom first port of call to refurbish.

I was looking at a Mira mixer shower but he said the trade ones he provided Marleton Cross were as good. So put my trust in him.

I suffer with clinical depression and this has really made me feel ten times worse.

Sponsored Links
Don't really know what to suggest apart from a new bath and start again, sorry.
It would be possible to remove the shower from the wall and tile behind it I suppose, but that would still leave the unsightly mess of the pipes, and the probability of water getting through where they pass through the top of the bath.
Was the guy a reasonable bloke (if incompetent)? What did he charge you?
He should really be paying towards sorting that out if he's reputable, I wouldn't want him sorting it though.

Don't really know what to suggest apart from a new bath and start again, sorry.
It would be possible to remove the shower from the wall and tile behind it I suppose, but that would still leave the unsightly mess of the pipes, and the probability of water getting through where they pass through the top of the bath.
Was the guy a reasonable bloke (if incompetent)? What did he charge you?
He should really be paying towards sorting that out if he's reputable, I wouldn't want him sorting it though.

Thanks sooey
I didn't particularly like him and don't want to see him again. Think he could refund some money. Got a tiler due to fully tile but now on hold.
He told me he has been doing showers for 30 years.
As I've been unwell I should have maybe waited.
If I got the go ahead to conceal it properly installed are they expensive jobs?
Thanks for your help

Sometime's if you've been low it can help to try and keep going, unfortunately, it hasn't turned out well this time. Try not to let it grind you down :(

Would it be worth having the whole lot taken out and replaced by a walk in shower (low step access not wetroom type)?

I've been waiting for someone to shout 'wind up' but clearly its not......
If you are really on a tight budget, the cheapest way is to fit a thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap as per hazetimesfive's first post on this one.
I can't see why new pipes were needed anyway (unless access is an issue) as presumably the bath taps were ok anyway.
If the new pipes are required then they could possibly run behind that bit of boxing in the pic.
As for the pipes cutaway on the bath edge, some quarter round (quadrant) tiles could plug the gap.
Thought I'd seen most things, too...... :eek:
All you need is someone competent and the job could be sorted.
John :)

I've been waiting for someone to shout 'wind up' but clearly its not......
If you are really on a tight budget, the cheapest way is to fit a thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap as per hazetimesfive's first post on this one.
I can't see why new pipes were needed anyway (unless access is an issue) as presumably the bath taps were ok anyway.
If the new pipes are required then they could possibly run behind that bit of boxing in the pic.
As for the pipes cutaway on the bath edge, some quarter round (quadrant) tiles could plug the gap.
Thought I'd seen most things, too...... :eek:
All you need is someone competent and the job could be sorted.
John :)
Hi John
Oh wish it was a 'wind up' but no, anyway taken all the advice and yours and someone is coming to see me tomorrow.
Contacted the installer but as yet no response.
First time for me to meet a cowboy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back