Worth adding isolating valves to taps?

The nut and olive are not used to connect to the white tap connector, screws straight in ,rubber seal should be in the brass nut of the tap con. So after turning water off and draining down ,you undo the flexi hose off ,then unscrew the brass reducer from the tap con. Check rubber seal in place and screw in isolator. Is the new iso same thread both ends ? If it is you will need another part to connect the flexi hose to the isolator.
Well that's me stumped

Attachments

• IMG_20180227_181116.jpg
    IMG_20180227_181116.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20180227_181140.jpg
    IMG_20180227_181140.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Got a tool station or screwfix near you ? You need flexi tap tail adaptors.ts code 63663 or sfix code 6089R. And try the new iso fits into the white tap con afore ye go !

I cant get the white tap connection loose you can see the marks where the adjustable wrench keeps slipping,ive no spanners big enough either

Think i need to buy another adjustable wrench

Last edited:
You don't hold the white plastic ,you put a spanner or wrench on the brass nut just above it , and hold in position ( its actually part of the white fitting ), and another spanner on the hexagon above ( which is the brass reducer ) and turn the reducer hex anti clockwise ,it will unscrew off .

Sponsored Links
Yeah that's what ive been trying but ive no spanners big enough,and only 1 adjustable wrench.

I've a gripper but that wont hold it the nut

Success !! The flexi end is alot smaller that the iso end

Attachments

• IMG_20180227_185148.jpg
    IMG_20180227_185148.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 85
What gripper do you have ? Does the adjustable spanner fit the brass nut of the tap con ,that's the best place for the adjustable .the threaded reducer ain't important if you damage it. But you don't really want to damage the white tap con. Add an adjustable spanner to the shopping list ,as most plumbing fittings need two ,including your new iso .

Didn't see your last post till after my above reply. Hoorah !!!!!... But does it leak ??

Didn't see your last post till after my above reply. Hoorah !!!!!... But does it leak ??

No leaking when i switch the water on and turn the iso valve on.

Would the Tap Tail Adaptors 15mm x 3/8" enable me to connect the top half?

and is it just a case of pushing the smooth end down the flexi pipe and screwing the other to the 15mm iso end

Yes ,and your next questions answer is....put the nut and olive on the isolator valve ,insert the smooth end of the adaptor all the way.one spanner on valve body , second spanner on the nut ,tighten nut clockwise whilst keeping iso still ,until you get resistance .then tighten a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn more. Then re attach your flexi hose ,making sure its rubber seal is still in place .

Yes ,and your next questions answer is....put the nut and olive on the isolator valve ,insert the smooth end of the adaptor all the way.one spanner on valve body , second spanner on the nut ,tighten nut clockwise whilst keeping iso still ,until you get resistance .then tighten a further 1/8 to 1/4 turn more. Then re attach your flexi hose ,making sure its rubber seal is still in place .

Ok thanks i'll head to the local plumbers merchant first thing.

Is it the 3/8" i need or the 1/2" Just to make sure :D

Massive thank you i wouldn't of had the nerve to try anything like this if it wasn't for people like you!! (y)(y)(y)

Right got the tap tail adapters... i must be doing something wrong ????
o7k5sp.jpg

o7k5sp.jpg

Thing is i put the olive end into the iso valve but its just hitting the inside,it wont go any further

I've defiantly been given the right size?

qrzqtu.jpg

2moy3oy.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back