Wortop treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody out there help me with a problem? I installed 8mts of maple worktop from a reputable supplier, and after installing and sanding down to 340 grit, I came across Sadolin worktop oil. Just the job, I thought and duly followed instructions, which are "2-4 coats brush in direction of grain, leave 10 mins, wipe off excess, repeat after 24 hrs". I'm on coat 13! yes! coat Thirteen!!! and it's still soaking in in places, and raising the grain with a water droplet! I've tried brushing the excess in; I've tried leaving the excess for longer; I've spoken to Sadolin-just got an £18.99 voucher for another can and advice to keep going. Not much help there then. My problem (apart from not being able to use my kitchen) is is this ever going to be water repellent? And is it too late to try another product without a chemical reaction? Thanking you in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I used tung oil (as that's what I use), and I did 20 coats on window sills. It takes A LOT of coats, but worth it in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back