Would many plumbers do this?

Paul Barker said:
give us a bell when your ready I'll take a day out from Scarborough for £300.

Paul - were you replying to my list there mate? If so, thanks - and it sounds good (sorry mods we're not supposed to discuss costs are we?)

Sponsored Links
I would repeat Kier's advice - get your man in at the start for a few instructions. I've done it several times and it can work very well. You would have someone to call on during your labours, too, if a query arose.

You do need full instructions, and conditions - written.

I once agreed to do something similar for a builder. He'd marked the wall and his plumber was about to install the rads etc. But I never met the plumber.
Two things went wrong:
The gas supply to the 3rd floor flat it was in had a leak, which I hadn't looked for at survey visit.
I found it before uncapping the supply in the flat, but of course couldn't join my gas pipe to the existing one. Wasted much time looking. Leak turned out to be outside at 3rd floor level - not for me mate.

Carried on with the pipes.....
But when I was about to fill up the rads I checked for a drain cock - there wasn't one, so I refused to procede. I had warned the builder in advance, but he hadn't told his plumber. All the pipes were hidden in the walls so I couldn't just add one. I was alone on site so left a message and went home. He wasn't happy!

Thanks for the tip. I had thought about consulting the CORGI engineer prior to installation to ensure the boiler would be sited in the correct location, especially after reading on here that a guy made a bloke move a combi 3" one way. Not interested in falling into that trap.

I have considered draincocks - as it's a solid floor at ground floor level I will need one per ground floor radiator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back